right-click on the title and save as to download
Mixed in London in October 2012, using 100% vinyl on two Technics 1210’s and a Pioneer DJM600 mixer
(59:12, 136 MB, 320 KBPS MP3)
Style: Trancecore/freeform from the pioneering Stage One Music collective
Direct link to the mix: http://sonicrampage.org/mixes/rt13/Pearsall-RampageTurbo13(StageOneMusicSpecial).mp3
01. Cortex – Summer Lovin’ (xy2)
02. DJ Energy – Anticlockwize (xy2)
03. DJ Fury – Soundflow (Remix) (Stompin’ Choonz)
04. Cortex – Digital Brotherhood (FDN)
05. Teknodred – More Understanding feat Dave Jay (Stompin’ Choonz)
06. DJ Fury – Lemonade Raygun (FDN)
07. Helix & Fury – Sanctus Dominus (xy2)
08. Cortex – Eurosis (xy2)
09. Citadel of Kaos – Paradise Lost (Just Another Label)
10. Helix – Helixia (Stompin’ Choonz)
11. Brisk & Trixxy – Back To The Top (Remix) (Just Another Label Premium)
12. Square Wave – Like A Criminal (Stompin’ Choonz)
13. D-Zyne – Digital Havoc (xy2)
14. Teknodred & Ad Man – A Voice Spoke To Me (Helix Remix) (Stompin’ Choonz)
15. D-Zyne & Fury – Hyperhydrosis (xy2)
16. DJ Fury – Desensitize (Stompin’ Choonz)
17. Helix & Teknodred – Mindless Pleasure (Stompin’ Choonz)
18. DJ Fury – Lemonade Raygun (Main Floor Mix) (Stompin’ Choonz)
19. Helix – Now Control (Stompin’ Choonz)
Enjoy this mix? Please consider making a donation to help support Sonicrampage
Cover: Loch Tay, Scotland, following some heavy photo filtering – see the original here
This, my fourth mix for the Freeformaniacs crew, is something a bit special … it’s a tribute to the Stage One Music Company, who, back in the 90’s, were real pioneers of the trancecore sound (aka freeform), alongside Billy Bunter’s GBT, Kevin Energy’s Nu Energy, and Shanty’s Digital Beats.
Even better, it was voted for by you guys!
Stage One (also known as Just Another Label) put out an absolutely massive range of music, from happy hardcore to drum n’ bass to hard trance to breaks, but on this particular mix I have focused on what I have always loved above all: their fantastically innovative trancecore output. These guys really helped to draw up the blueprint for today’s freeform hardcore sound, and because they have been defunct for a while, they probably don’t get the same level of credit that some of the other early labels do.
And make no mistake – they really do deserve credit. Just listen to the tunes on this mix … they’re amazing!
Stage One artists like Helix, DJ Fury, D-Zyne, Cortex, and Citadel of Kaos were responsible for some of the best hardcore music ever committed to wax … from twirling high-speed acid trance to thunderous hardcore kicks, this mix has everything, and, even though most of these tracks are 15 years old (at least) they all still sound super-fresh, all thumping rhythms and razor-sharp melodies.