right-click, save as to download this free mp3 mix
Mixed in Berlin, November 2015
(45:10, 103 MB, 320 kbps MP3)
Style: Classic Jungle Sounds
Direct link to the mix:
01. Wild Orkid – The Magic In You (Lucky Spin)
02. DJ Crystl – Let It Roll (Dee Jay Recordings)
03. DJ Solo – Made In London (Production House)
04. JMJ & Richie – Trouble In China (Moving Shadow)
05. Sub Sequence – Music Is The Vibe (Too’z Up)
06. DJ Trace – By Any Means Necessary (Speed Mix) (Dee Jay Recordings)
07. Harmony & Xtreme – X-Amount (Deep Jungle)
08. Parallel World – Tear Into It (Good Looking)
09. Eternal Bass – Infinity (Eternal Bass)
10. Babylon 5 – Yes Yes ’95 (Dread)
11. Just Jungle – Double Crisp (Trouble On Vinyl)
12. DJ Fallout – Ripper (Rough Tone)
13. Spirits From An Urban Jungle – White Lightning (White House)
14. Octave One – Chillin’ Out ’94 (31 Records)
15. Sluggy Ranks – Ghetto Youth Bust (Voyager Dark Vocal Mix) (Profile)
A very special promotional mix for the Parallax party in Kreuzberg, where I will be dropping some rare old skool jungle gems (as well as some fuck-off big anthems, of course) later this month.
OLDSKOOL CLASSICS 1990-1996
UK HARDCORE / BLEEPS / DARKCORE / JUNGLE TECHNO/ EARLY DRUM&BASS
November 28, St Georg, Ritterstrasse 26, Kreuzberg, Berlin
YEN-CEE (feeva cru, stuttgart)
PEARSALL (Sonicrampage, new york)
SCHECKKARTENPUNK (rave ist kein hobby, berlin)
VALI NME CLICK (noir, echoes from the future, berlin)
PARALLAX is back! After the first two nights been absolutely phenomenal with people from all over the country attending we didn’t want to wait any longer as it’s been way too long since the last one. Therefore we changed the location to the basement of St Georg, which is next door to Ritter Butzke and near Kotti. It’s again in the heart of X-Berg, easy accessible for everyone.
Stuttgart´s YEN-CEE will give us an insight into his enormous record collection that spans many different styles, but most important: Tons of rare and deleted Hardcore, Bleeps and Jungle from the very beginnings of UK Rave. As part of the infamous FEEVA CRU he was one of the first to push breakbeats in Germany and to the present day has a burning passion to unearth long lost treasures from the early 90ies. Nowadays he runs his monthly radioshow StereoIn3D, you can find mixes of his at Soundcloud.
New York native PEARSALL arrived in Berlin two years ago via London with a wife, a daughter, and a crippling addiction to circular slabs of plastic. After almost twenty years of being a record collector and a dj, he has amassed many, many, many awesome tunes, across a range of genres, from drum n’ bass to dubstep to acid to hard trance and beyond. He has played gigs in the US, UK, Germany, and Finland, and at Parallax he will be digging deep into the crates to bring out some truly special tunes from the early days of jungle – to get a taste of what he will be playing, check out his mix Not The Future We Were Promised.
As always the whole night will be strictly vinyl – two turntables and a mixer, the oldskool way!
Music policy is Hardcore, Rave, Darkcore, Bleeps, Jungle Techno, Jungle, Early Drum&Bass, Atmospheric DnB, you name it.
We are proud to be back and hope you will find your way to celebrate with us. We aren´t sure when the next one is happening, so if you are into these sounds and want to have a bang-on night full of nostalgia with all the big tunes, but also the rare and unexpected underground tunes from back then – make sure you be there!
Cut the midrange, drop the bass!
A live mix from the last event: