right-click, save as to download this free mp3 mix
Mixed in Berlin, May 2016
(39:58, 91.6 MB, 320 kbps MP3)
Style: Juke, electro and other bass-heavy business from Addison Groove
Direct link to the mix:
01. Addison Groove – Phantom (Tectonic)
02. Addison Groove – Allaby (50 Weapons)
03. Addison Groove – Ass Jazz (50 Weapons)
04. Addison Groove – Dancer (White Label)
05. Addison Groove – Space Apples (50 Weapons)
06. Addison Groove – Work It (Swamp 81)
07. Addison Groove – Bad Seed (50 Weapons)
08. Addison Groove – An We Drop (Studio K7)
09. Addison Groove – Entropy (50 Weapons)
10. Addison Groove – Footcrab (Swamp 81)
11. Addison Groove – I Go Boom (50 Weapons)
12. Addison Groove – Bad Things ft Spank Rock (50 Weapons)
13. Addison Groove – Sexual (Swamp 81)
14. Addison Groove – Oversize Clip (50 Weapons)
15. Addison Groove – Push It (50 Weapons)
Hey! This week I am super-pleased to drop a tribute to the one and only Addison Groove, Bristol’s main man for juke-influenced bass antics.
It’s the Chicago-born super-fast, super-syncopated electronic music style that, along with its associated dance style footwork, has spread in recent years far beyond its origins in the ghettos of Chicago’s West Side and South Side.
What Addison Groove has done has taken the juke template, slowed it down a bit, and then applied the methodology to other styles of dance music, like dubstep, electro, and house. I’m a huge fan of his music, and in fact I probably enjoy the fusion style a bit more than the straight-up original juke style of artists like the late DJ Rashad (his XLR8R podcast with DJ Spinn was pretty awesome, though).
So anyways I decided that the moment was right for a short tribute mix. It’s Friday afternoon, I can’t really be bothered to write up a big detailed blog post, so here are the tunes, and I hope you enjoy them.
Have a great weekend!